September 28, 2008

Uneventful

This past week was very relaxing. We didn't go anywhere so the kids and I were in our pj's most days until after lunch and sometimes even later.
We played outside on the deck a lot and Alex has figured out how to get down from each level. She could climb up but then she would stand and scream until someone would get her down. She learned to say thank you and hi and she claps any time she thinks she has done something special (which is quite often!). She has also cut 4 of her molars and we barely knew they were coming in. She only had trouble with one of them. This gives her a grand total of 12 teeth! Alex is also going through a very needy time right now. She really would prefer to be held at all times. I like it and dislike it all at the same time. I love the affection and being able to just sit with her but when I need to cook dinner it is very difficult, she either hangs on my legs and cries or follows me around the kitchen, flapping her arms and screaming. I know some day I will crave for her to just let me hold her so I am trying to soak this up as much as possible.
David is just hilarious to be with right now. He is discovering something new every day and his exclamations are priceless. He says "Oh My!", "Cool!", and "Oh Wow!" at just about anything he finds interesting (this morning it was his banana). He says several 2 word phrases and is beginning to identify people by their names. He never seems to run out of energy either! If he has somewhere to go, he runs there at full speed. If we are listening to music he will "dance" by running in place as fast as he can while swinging his arms around. David is really starting to like Alex and wants her to play with him. His idea of play is still a little rough for her though. He wants to wrestle with her the way he does with his daddy but this resulted in a bloody lip last night (for Alex). Sometimes though, they will just sit in the play room together and pass things back and forth while jabbering to each other in their own little language. On Friday I was putting some towels away and I realized it was really quiet. So I went looking for David and Alex and they were sitting in front of the entertainment center with both of the drawers open and they were each pulling things out as fast as they could. Then they would stop and look at each other and then start laughing and pulling stuff out again. I was so amused I just kept watching silently. Once the drawers were empty they each climbed into a drawer and stood up with their hands and faces against the tv screen (they seemed to think this was really funny for some reason). I tried to get a picture but as soon as they realized I was there they got out of the drawers. I wouldn't normally allow them to dismantle everything and stand in the furniture but I was just too curious to see what they were going to do. I have a feeling they are going to start ganging up like this pretty often so it should stay interesting at my house!
Scroll for pics from the week.
Blessings!













1 comment:

Kevin and Laura said...

You're right--that picture is darling...how cool that they had wings to match!!