September 8, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday Alexandria

Saturday marked a pretty big milestone for our family. Alex turned one! This means I no longer have a baby in the house which is a little weird, and for the next 2 weeks I have two one year olds!
My great aunt asked me on Saturday if this past year has been really challenging having them so close. I told her it really wasn't that bad because Alex wasn't mobile through most of it and she was easy going. I really think this next year is going to be the more challenging year. David is entering the two's and though I don't expect them to be terrible I do know that he is learning how to be more independent and he already tests the waters just to see how much freedom he really has. Alex is starting to lose that easy going spirit and assert her independence as well. She had a complete melt down yesterday when Jon would not let her hold the spoon while he gave her some very sticky punch. Alex also walks up to David and takes toys away from him and he in turn takes it right back then she takes it back and it will keep going until Alex screams at him and then he looks at her and screams right back. So I think this next year holds more challenges for us as a family. I am truly saying all of this with a smile on my face because although it will be hard, I think it is going to be a lot of fun watching them grow together and become friends and seeing their little personalities continue to develop. I also love these ages because you can teach them so many things!
On Saturday we also celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday! She is so sweet and I really love her. She thought she was coming to Alex's party but it was hers so she was very surprised.
It was a really busy weekend for us but I wouldn't have changed a thing. Alex's party was a blast! We had about 40 people there and it worked great because of the deck. I love that we have such a great "cloud of witnesses" who surround our children. I know it is going to have a huge impact on their lives. Thanks to everyone who came and for all of the cute gifts!
Blessings!








1 comment:

Heather said...

We had a blast. I cannot believe our babies are one. Love you!