September 3, 2008

The Deck!

Jon has been designing and planning our deck for 5 months I think. He kept going back and forth on when we would start it and whether or not it was a waste of money. So we finally decided to go ahead with the plans and try to have it finished in time for Alex's birthday party.
So two weekends ago my dad and Jon got out in the back yard and started the framing for the deck.



They worked so hard! Every day my dad came back after work and they would get back out there and keep making progress.





Then on Saturday Paul, Kevin, and Brock came over and helped Jon and my dad get the decking started.







Then Jon's dad came in from Holland and helped finish everything up and run electricity to the deck and install plugs and switches and stuff.



There will be a pergola type roof on the upper portion of the deck but we need more cedar for that, so Jon is going to wait until October to get more wood. So the large posts sticking up in the air will eventually serve a very important purpose! Here are pictures of the finished product. It turned out better than I ever imagined it would! I am extremely impressed with my husband, I didn't know he had it in him to design and build things! I will of course post a picture in October once we get it completely finished. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard helping Jon make this deck a reality!!





1 comment:

Trina said...

The deck looks GREAT!!!! I bet it will be lots of fun entertaining out there, just in time for the cooler weather!!