October 6, 2008

A Quick Week...

I can't believe another week has come and gone. We were pretty busy so I guess that is why it flew by.
The kids and I went to Laura's on Tuesday. We had a bow making day and it was lots of fun! The kids napped and then played together the rest of the afternoon. (well, Alex hung out at the bow table screaming a lot) We wanted to keep making bows all evening too but we had to shut down and feed the families. Here is a cute picture of the boys watching tv together.



Peggy came over for a couple of days and while she was here Jon and I went to see Fireproof. We loved it! The movie really reminds you of your purpose as a spouse but it is also just really sweet (and funny)! I think everyone should go see it.
Friday night was girls night at Karen's. We had pizza, watched a movie, and talked a lot! It was fabulous. The only thing that would have made the night better was if Karen had just bought enough pizza!
On Saturday, we met Grandma and Grandpa at the Pumpkin Patch in Flower Mound. We planned to get there early so we could beat the crowd but we only beat it by 15 minutes. So it was hot and crowded and David and Alex wanted nothing to do with posing for pictures. It was not the best experience but breakfast made up for it! We went to Weck's and the kids were really cute. As long as Grandpa kept feeding Alex she was content and David just colored the whole time. These are the best pics I was able to get. Hopefully we can get better ones when we go back on a week day morning!





After we got home from the pumpkin patch, Grammy and Pops came to visit for a little while and I got to take a nap :) and finish putting up my fall decorations.
Then Sunday we went to church and then to Canon's first birthday party. He was super messy with cake from head to toe! The party was fun and we had the best cupcakes I have ever seen in my whole entire life ;). When Matt and Karen got there they had Jack in his wagon so we put Alex in there with him and Matt just walked them around. I took pictures because Karen says we have to document their times together for when they get married since they met in the hospital. (Karen was across the hall from me in labor and delivery and Jack and Alex are only 5 hours apart.) Here are a couple of the shots I got of them in the wagon. Alex had ripped the bows out of hair in the second picture.





I am going to post a few more pics from the week and sign off. Blessings!





We forgot where the Mr. Potato Head pieces were supposed to go...


2 comments:

Missional Mother said...

Erin, your kids are so cute!!! The pictures were great! I can't wait to meet them one day. My two year is in a "no pictures" stage and I can't get him to hardly smile in any of the ones I take. I guess it truly captures the moment! Aren't they fun...
Thank you for your comment awhile back on my blog...it is encouraging to hear where you and Jon are and how similar our struggles are sometimes. I praise God for you both and hope one day our paths will cross again! Blessings on your week!

emily said...

I'm so impressed that you already have Halloween outfits AND have already taken pictures in them... it's barely October! Luckily Peggy got Jacob a Halloween outfit so I'm not completely behind :) We would love to get together with you guys. The next week and a half are probably the best for us... Hope to see you guys soon!