August 4, 2008

Busy Week!!

We had a lot going on last week. Jon and I started painting our bedroom last Saturday. We rearranged all of the furniture and put the computer in there too. We painted the room a dark orangy-red color and brown. The brown has a kind of olive green tint to it. This all matched the new bedding that I got for my birthday! (Thank You!)
After we finished our bedroom we moved everything out of the study so we could paint it and make it into a play room. We painted it bright orange, green, and purple. It turned out so cute! The painting part was kind of a fiasco because I didn't think to prime the walls first and there was dark brown on them. We ended up putting 3 coats of paint on the walls and having to buy twice as much paint as we had anticipated.
But it is finished and I love it! We moved all of the toys into that room and out of our living room. We also put a book shelf and a tv in there so the kids and any friends they have over should stay quite occupied. The best thing is we can close the doors but still see them because those doors have windows in them!
Amidst all of the painting we also helped out with VBS. I led 3 yr. olds around and Jon helped out with the 4 yr. olds. Then on Friday it was my birthday and we went swimming with Heather and Canon and then we went out to eat at Ritzy's. I love their onion rings!! My mom and dad gave me my favorite book and movie from when I was about David's age. Maggie's Moon is the book and I can remember reading it over and over and over! I also remember watching Dot and the Kangaroo. Most people have never even heard of this cartoon but I would watch it and just cry at the end because Dot had to go home and leave the kangaroo behind but then I would want to watch it again. So I can't wait to share these things with my kids! Thanks mom for remembering them and searching the internet to find them!
Alex is walking! She chooses to crawl because she can go so much faster but I saw her stand up in the middle of the room today and walk to rocking chair and she looked like a pro. She didn't wobble at all and it took her about 10 steps to get there. It is funny because she has great muscle control and can stand up on her own without holding on to anything and she can squat down to pick up a toy and stand back up without falling over but she doesn't think she can walk. David couldn't do those things until he had been walking for a couple of months. If she has something in her hand she will just walk kind of without thinking about it. But if you try to get her to walk to you then she acts like she can't and she will just take one step and then sit down and crawl. Today we were reading a book about a ball and she started saying ball after I would say it. I wanted to cry because she seems to be growing up so fast all of a sudden! Her hair is also growing out really curly! After her bath tonight, Jon and I were laughing because her hair dried in these tight little curls all over the back of her head. They were so cute!! I hope it stays that way even when it gets longer.
David has been really funny. He will start throwing a tantrum because we have told him no about something and he will be screaming and then he will stop and peak around through his fingers to see if we are watching him. If we are, then he will keep screaming but if he looks around and thinks we have stopped watching then he will just quit screaming. This is funny to me because he has already figured out how to play people! This week he also discovered his gag reflex. It fascinates him for some reason. He will stick his fingers down his throat over and over and make this awful gagging sound. I keep telling him to stop and I try to distract him but he eventually remembers and goes back to doing it. On Thursday afternoon he kept sticking pieces of play food down his throat and he eventually actually made himself throw up. I was not happy! The feeling of throwing up is so gross, I just can't imagine why he enjoys it. Thankfully he didn't do any of this today so maybe he will forget about it! His newest phrase is "I did it!". He will jump off of a box, write on a piece of paper, or throw the ball and he will clap his hands and say I did it! It makes me laugh every time.
Katie was visiting us last week and she took a lot of cute pictures of the kids so I am going to end with them. I don't have my bed put together yet so I don't have a picture of the room but I will post one later along with a picture of the play room.
Hope everyone has a blessed week!


















No comments: