August 17, 2008

Abilene and Pet Peeves

The kids and I went to Abilene over the weekend with my mom and sister. It was really cute watching David and Alex interact with my grandparents. We also saw my cousins and aunt and uncle. I wish I could say David loved his time there but he was so out of sorts from his antibiotic that he just kept breaking down into these screaming tantrums. He has never acted like this before and he is on his first round of antibiotics ever and I have decided they turn him into a very angry child. All he wants to do is watch "momo's" (movies) and when we tell him no, he just melts into fits of screaming rage and he ends up having to go to his room until he calms down which makes him even more angry until he finally wears himself down. I cannot express how ready I am for my sweet little boy to return.
On the positive, Alex is babbling a lot and starting to say some words. She says bye-bye and waves, mama, dadady (not a typo that is how she says it), ball, and boo. She is also to the point where she is walking more than crawling.
Since I spent a few hours driving over the weekend, sharing the road with several whackadoo's, I feel the need to vent a few of my pet peeves.
1.) When did yield signs become optional? I was nearly run over by 3 cars who came right into my lane without so much as a tap on their brakes. All 3 of them blatantly ignoring the giant yield sign for their lane!
2.) Cruise Control. Drives me nuts when the same little car passes me, gets in my lane, then slows down forcing me to pass them. Then two minutes later, here comes the same little car passing me again. (in this case it was a bmw so I know they had cruise control) Set your cruise or get off the phone!
3.) Just Pass them already! I think I get the most annoyed when two cars are just driving along at 60mph right next to each other. Please one of you just go even 2 mph faster and you can open up the lanes for the rest of us!!
4.) Last but not least... Truckers, I know you keep America running and all that jazz, but seriously, do you have to get right on my tail to the point I can't even read your license plate, before you decide to pass me? I hate wondering whether or not I am going to get run over by the giant metal beast that is barreling towards me in the rear view mirror.
OK, I am finished ranting.
Here are pics from our week. Blessings!














No comments: