June 8, 2008

The Kids

I haven't posted about the kids in a couple of weeks so I thought I would devote some time to them. David is saying and understanding words more and more. Today he brought me his cup and said "more drink" and when I told him we couldn't go outside without our shoes on he brought me his shoes and sat down in my lap for me to put them on him. I just love watching him learn and rejoicing in the smallest accomplishments. I had no idea before I had kids that when parents clapped and encouraged their children over the tiny things, that they TRULY meant it! I am totally delighted at every little thing my children do! He also learned to swim with his floaties on. At first you had to hold him or he would end up with his face in the water or he would keep his mouth open and end up sucking in water. He didn't want to be held though, so he quickly figured out how to keep his head up and his mouth closed.
Alex is starting to walk around things as long as she can hold on. She will go down the coffee table but she hasn't figured out how to turn the corner yet. She will also take a few steps holding on to a walker. This week she started cutting three teeth on top so that cute grin with the two bottom teeth is about to change. (Not that it won't be cute, it will just have more teeth!) It is actually really good that she is cutting more teeth because last week she just decided she had had it with baby food. If you try to put something pureed into her mouth she will spit it out or gag on it. She prefers to just have table food. She is really good at feeding herself so we just cut everything up really small and she pretty much eats whatever we are eating and she loves it! She just smiles and laughs the whole time she is in her high chair eating. Alex is also saying dada. She screams it sometimes and this is to the delight of her daddy!
It is funny to me how I can already see such differences in their personalities. David has always been pretty independent. When he started crawling he would just crawl around the house and get into everything and explore. He didn't really care if you were around at all, and he wouldn't crawl to you unless he wanted food. Alex on the other hand follows me around the house. If I am in the kitchen, so is she. If I walk into a different room, she crawls right after me. If you put your arms out to her and say her name, she will always crawl right up to you and let you hug or kiss on her.
I think I have covered everything for now so I will close with pictures and videos from the past month.

No comments: