May 3, 2009

Sad Visit to the Doctor

Alex started running fever again on Friday following it up with lots of congested coughing. Since she just got over the flu and strep I called and they wanted me to bring her in. When we arrived they checked us in and then handed me a mask to put on Alex. I figured I would try it once but if she kept pulling it off I wasn't going to fight her. She didn't try to take it off at all. She just sat there with her bottom lip quivering and tears streaming down her face without making a single sound. It was really sad! I wanted to take it off of her but they said she HAD to keep it on the entire visit. She had a sinus infection so no swine flu, and as we were leaving I took the mask off and threw it away, then Alex said "Thank you mommy I wuv eww" I guess she thought she was being punished, which made me even more sad! David is now running a fever and has a very croop like cough so I get to take him and try to keep the mask on his face tomorrow. I have a feeling he will not just leave it on the way Alex did.
I took a couple of shots of her in the mask to share how pathetic it was with everyone.



No comments: