May 19, 2009

A new nephew and more doctors

Last Tuesday (I can't believe it has been a week) Katie called and said she was having lots of contractions. She was timing them and they were consistently under 10 minutes apart for about 2 1/2 hours so we were SO excited and rushed up to the hospital. They checked her in and labor pretty much stopped but they kept her overnight and early Wed. morning started inducing her. She went through the whole day and finally around 7:30 pm she started pushing. She ended up pushing for two straight hours but Ayden Thomas finally made his appearance! Katie did AMAZING and she, Ayden, and Phillip are all home and fine. It was very exciting getting to watch the labor process from the perspective of not being in labor. I will forever feel a special bond with Ayden because of it.
We came home on Thursday and went to small group. Then friday morning Alex woke up very congested, with a cough and runny nose. She had been off of her second round of antibiotics for 3 days at this point. Then on Satruday she woke up from her nap running a fever again. So Jon and David went to church on Sunday morning and I stayed with Alex. By the time Jon came home David was starting to cough. He went to bed fine that night but woke up around 1:30am crying. When I went to check on him he was just sitting there shaking. So I went to check his temp and it was 102. We stayed up until the meds brought it down and went back to bed. Then Alex woke up screaming and I went in to check on her and her fever had gone up again as well. So we all went to the doctor yesterday. Peggy met me there and I am so thankful because they were a handful! They just have a fever virus and David has an ear infection as well. But we talked about why they continue getting sick so much. They are not in daycare so my doctor is a little concerned. We are going back in two weeks and if they are both well, she will order lab work. This is going to check their immuno globulin A and their white blood cell count and make sure that everything is normal. I know I shouldn't worry, but I am having a hard time not worrying about this. Since yesterday afternoon I have caught myself playing the "what if" game in my head. What if their white blood cell levels are too high and we have to check for leukemia or what if they have to have IV's hooked up to them to pump IGA in to their little bodies? I want to stop but I just keep going there. I know this will probably be nothing, and we just had a hard winter but being a mom just really amps up my worry meter! Please keep my David and Alex and their tests in your prayers. I will write an update about it all once we get the lab results in a few weeks.
I left my camera in Plano so I don't have very many pictures to share but I do have a couple of precious little Ayden. Blessings!









No comments: