May 11, 2008

My 2nd Mother's Day

Today I celebrated my 2nd mother's day. At church they had all of the mothers stand up. They did the same thing last year and I was able to stand, but this year was different. I was standing there thinking that life was moving too fast. I am a mother not once but twice. I will be 27 in a couple of months and then I will have a 1 yr. old and a 2 yr. old. I am extremely happy with my life so don't hear this the wrong way. I just can't believe I am already to this point. God has lavished me with so many blessings in such a short amount of time, it is overwhelming. I don't usually think of them in one big pile the way I did today as I stood there in church, but I am glad I did. I needed to be reminded of my purpose. I have been blessed so that I can bless others and show them God's love. My children are first in that line. I have to raise them to know their Savior or my job as a mother will be for nothing. It is easy to lose sight of your overall purpose between the everyday happenings so I am thankful for a day that reminds me that all of the "everydays" add up.
It really was a good Mother's Day. I hope you all had a day full of blessings!

3 comments:

GGPAllen said...

Hi Erin, what a great idea. I had written a long comment and apparently I didn't post it correctly or something.

You should get the "Mother of the Year" award for the beautiful job you are doing with those little ones.

Old Jon surely did show his smarts in picking you to be the mother of your and his children.

We know that you two will rear these children to know Jesus as their Savior and Lord. That is our prayer.

Love from us both
Allen

GGPAllen said...

Erin, my dear,

What a lovely thought to share with everyone.

I'm beginning to love Jesus as a person at the tender age of 80. I was taught that He loved me,OK.

Go Astros.

GGMIMI

Unknown said...

My sweet Erin,
I am so proud of you. What a wonderful mom you are. Yes, I too had many thoughts running through my head as I sat between my two precious daughters Sunday. You and Emilee make me prouder than I could ever possibly say. And my grandchildren, oh my!! How I adore them. Although they wore me out last night!! But I loved every minute of it.
I love you,
Mom